CU Switch™ Service

We’re making it easier to be your primary financial services provider!

CU Switch service offers you:

  • Convenience! Manage your finances at one financial institution
  • Savings! You will save in service charges by dealing with only one financial institution
  • Peace of Mind! A Kindred representative will work with you to complete the switch
  • Easy Process! We have added fill-able forms to our website to help get the process started

How much will it cost me to move my main chequing to Kindred?

Kindred does not charge for the CU Switch service. We are pleased to assist you with consolidating your finances and reviewing your overall financial picture. Kindred will work with you to determine the best account package for you and your individual needs. We will also prepare letters to inform your direct payment vendors of the account changes!

What about my investments? Can I move my RRSPs to Kindred?

Of course! You can meet with a member of our Investment team and create your own personalized financial plan. Kindred will even reimburse up to $50 to cover the transfer out costs from your other financial institution.

What if I am not currently a member of Kindred?

Applying for membership is easy, and CU Switch service can make changing your preauthorized account information simple. Visit a Kindred branch and bring your Canadian identification (driver's licence, passport, or any similar record issued by the provincial, territorial, or federal government), your birth certificate, and your social insurance number. Please also bring $25 for your Member Share investment.

Here's how it works

Gather the following personal information:
  • Kindred Chequing Account number
  • Previous chequing account number
  • Bill stubs for your current pre-authorized payments

Print off these necessary CU Switch service documents:

Checklist – Fill in this checklist with all your current bill payment vendors.

Direct Deposit / Pre-Authorized Payment form – Complete and send to each of your current billers. Use this form to also switch your pay deposits with your employer.

Service Canada Forms and Links:

Canada Pension Plan, Canada Revenue Agency, Child Tax Benefit, and Old Age Security
Frequently Asked Questions
Direct Deposit Enrolment Request form on the Government of Canada website. Simply select the method for which you'd like to fill out this form under the "How to Enrol to Direct Deposit" section.

Unemployment/Employment Benefits
Direct Deposit Application form


Online Banking

Toggle the login portlet up and down to login.